More about this project
The concept of this web application dates back to November 2005, and wants to be attempt to track down every boat ever built to the 5.5 meter International Rule (approximately 800 boats) with its current location and owner.
Anybody can contribute by adding informations, gossips, tips, pictures, drawings, rating certificates, racing results, etc… Participation is open to all but is, contrary to Wikipedia, subject to prior registration to avoid abuse and vandalism.
Many thanks to the sponsors and to all the partners for their contribution.
Please read our terms of service and conditions of participation.
- Participation is open to all, but subject to registration;
- Complete the registration form by entering your name and a valid e-mail address (the latter will be your user login);
- The registration process is complete once you have confirmed the validity of your e-mail address by following the link that appears the registration confirmation e-mail;
- Once your account activated, login by completing the sign in form in the top right corner of the page;
- You will then be able to contribute by adding notes, photographs, documents, links or racing results;
- You can change your mind at any moment and remove the information you have just contributed. Note that you can only delete information you have contributed;
- You cannot (yet) edit the information you contributed. You must delete it and add it again. Sorry about the inconvenience. This feature will be available in the next version;
- This web application launched as a beta in September 2007. It is still work in progress. Be kind with it. Please help us to improve the quality of this tool by any bug or updates you may come up with. Thanks in advance for your help and understanding.
How to add a new boat
- We would like to thank the many of you who have contacted us regarding this matter, and thank you for your patience (as there are many demands).
- Currently, new boats are added one by one or by batch. This operation is currently restricted to the administrators, in order to avoid potential database conflicts. Indeed, we are listing the originals constructions (e.g. AUS-025 or AUS-041), this means physical boats, as objects. When they change name, country, or owner, it remains the same physical objet (the same piece of wood in the real world). For the sake of database consistency, it is essential that these objects remain unique, but can have multiple owners, names or countries (e.g. AUS-082, which is the ex-USA-097).
- We have asked each fleet to prepare these datas in a grouped way via a specially formated MS Excel spreadsheet, but in the mean time, we can add one boat after the other. So if you like to add one, please send to the following datas :
- original country
- original number
- original name
- date of first launch or of the first rating certificate.
- These are the "essentials" required to publish a boat online. Then, if you happen to know the list of the successive owners, boat names, countries, sails number and dates of each change, then this would be paradise!
- This would result in a new entry for each original construction, which can then be completed with pictures, drawings, results, links, gossips, etc…
- Thanks a lot for your contribution in any way.
Our accessibility statement outlines some of the features we have implemented. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any problems accessing our content. We have tried to cater for as many people as possible but there may be occasions when we can further improve our accessibility.