|Designers||Ben Lexcen (AUS), Warren Muir (Australia)|
|Builders||Harry C. "Buddy" Melges, Melges Boat Works, Zenda, Wisconsin (USA)|
|1st certificate issued||1987-05-02|
|Original boat name||Gorgi|
|Original sail number||092|
|Current location||Risør, Skagerrak (NOR)|
- 5.5 NOR 50 and her sisters - 24.06.2012 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Following the info from Warren Muir about "Warrior III" and the first series of Melges built 5.5m boats, here are the sister boats to SUI 160; they are listed with their last sailnumbers known:
NOR 47, USA 91, GER 75, USA 94, SUI 184, NOR 54, SUI 160, SUI 176, NOR 56, SUI 202, NED 10, NOR 58, BAH 16, SUI 155, SUI 171, SUI 172 and GER 25. NED 10 was lost in a fire; USA 91 + 94 are not found again, yet and BAH 16 is told to have gone to a US-based sailing school.
Together with the originals FRA 44 and SUI 135, it will be a challenge to meet again, for close competition races.
- Delete FIN-050 from the owner list... - 06.09.2010 by Site Administrator
- ...following Matti Muoniovaara's message, 29. august 2010 saying in summary that "As the chief measurer of the Finnish 5.5 metres authorized by the Finnish Sailing Federation i beg you to delete FIN-50 Gorgi from the Finnish 5.5 register on the 5.5mIC World Fleet Online Database. There no such boat in our register.
For good memory, informations that have been deleted on 31.08.2010 from the Ownership history are : FIN-050 "Gorgi" Robert Mosbacher (dates unknown ?-?)
- Building date - 02.07.2008 by Matti Muoniovaara
- According to the first certificate, the building was completed May 2, 1987.
Th builder was Melges Boat Works.
- Owner - 27.05.2008 by Matti Muoniovaara
- Owner now is Knut Aall and location is Risör, Norway.
- Information - 09.10.2007 by Warren Muir
- This boat was either the first or the second boat built, the other boat was for Tom Omohundro. They were built from molds taken off the Warrior 3, owned by Al Cassel, which originally was Arunga 4, owned by Frank Tolhurst. Two Boats were built for Frank at the time, Arunga 4 was wooden construction and the second boat, Arunga 5, was one of the first fibreglass 5.5m built. Both were built by Keith Revell in Sydney, Australia.
- Information - 17.09.2007 by Sebastien Schmidt
- became FIN-50, now N-50, chartered in 1989 for the Gold Cup in Texas and wins it, Henrik Lundberg was the skipper.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|USA-092||"Gorgi"||Robert Mosbacher (1987-1989)|
|NOR-050||"Gorgi"||Jan-Erik Dyvi (1989-?)|
|NOR-050||"Gorgi"||KNS, Norway (?-?)|
|NOR-050||"Gorgi"||Wilhelm Stang (1998-2005)|
|NOR-050||"Gorgi"||Knut B. Aal & Kristin Siewers (?-?)|
Sign in to add an owner