|Designer||Sparkman & Stephens (USA)|
|Builder||Driscoll Custom Boats (USA)|
|1st certificate issued||1966-00-00|
|Original boat name||Ramona|
|Original sail number||082|
|Current location||Last seen in: Sta. Barbara, CAL (USA)|
- Note received from Dennis Allen, 20.03.2011 - 23.03.2011 by Site Administrator
- I have been looking for my grandfathers last boat US 82. Built by Driscoll Custom boats in San Diego CA. USA.
She was designed by Olin Stevens late seventys built around 1982.
Thanks for the forum and your time. Maybe some one of your group knows where she sitting.
Last place was Santa Barbra Cal. Bought to get the slip.
Thanks for your time.
- 5.5 US-82 "Ramona" - an S&S design - 09.08.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Design #1898 by S&S
- About the beginnings of Ramona, on behalf of Dennis Allen - 18.02.2009 by François Bouvier
- The boat was being paid for by a fellow who was making illegal drugs in a cement mixer. He was caught and went to jail a day or two before the Olympic trials. The Ramona did not qualify probably because of the late crew change. The drug had almost paid Ramona off except for $5000.00.
My grand father , Walter Trepte , paid the balance due on the Ramona , $5000.00. My grand father would go to Driscoll's once a week or so to see friends and look at the boats being built in the yard. Ramona was one of the boats he saw start to finish.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|USA-082||"Ramona"||Jack Blair (1966-?)|
|USA-082||"Ramona"||Walter Trepte (1968-?)|
Sign in to add an owner