|Designer||Alfred Edward "Bill" Luders Jr. (USA)|
|Builder||Bjarne Aas (NOR)|
|1st certificate issued||1964|
|Original boat name||Chahala|
|Original sail number||053|
- S48 is not Chalala PS - 19.02.2008 by Jens Busch
- PS. Emil (or Ingemar) Sandberg named the boat Laremi, and I kept that name.
- S48 is not Chalala - 19.02.2008 by Jens Busch
- I have a copy of the original certificate for the BA1 John B who became S48. It is issued march 6, 1963, stating: owner is Symonette, the designer is Luders, built by Kungsör, measured by Tore Holm in Kungsör on march 5, classified by Germainscher Lloyd.
I also have a copy of the Luders drawing, it is hull number 1026.
Tomas-Bertel Nathorst baught the boat from Symonette and named her Tomatoe, S48. He sold her to Emil Sandberg, Gothenburg, in 1967, and I baught her in 1973.
I sold the boat to Göran Uggla late 1979. He named her Strix. (wich by the way is latin for Owl = Uggla in swedish!)
- Result of US-53 in Copenhagen 5th World 5.5m Championship - 19.02.2008 by Matti Muoniovaara
- 29) Herbert Gumprecht, Chahala US-53, A. E. Luders Jr. 1963 (26-34-23-15-37-28-24) 186.0 pts
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|USA-053||"Chahala"||Herbert Gumprecht (1964-?)|
Sign in to add an owner