|Designer||Britton Chance Jr. (USA)|
|Builders||Oy Vator, Vator Oy AB. Helsinki (FIN)|
|1st certificate issued||1963|
|Original boat name||Complex V|
|Original sail number||051|
|Current location||Tall Timbers, MD (USA)|
- Data Transfer - as origin of the boat now indicated - 15.11.2014 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Previous notes on Vator #753:
USA-51 - 07.11.2014 by Matti Muoniovaara
This boat is Complex V USA-51.
This inventory is not an Authority to give any sailnumbers to any boats. It is solely and only the task of the MNA (Member National Authority). edit
5.5m Vator #753 - search for US sailnumber - 07.10.2012 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
As we are still searching for the original sailnumber of this boat, an intermediate number has been given to it, for actual races, in which she is starting as 5.5 USA 98. edit
Vator #753 - Alu mast by Kungsörs - 01.11.2010 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
Daniel Rossi has informed that the rigg on the boat has "Kungsörs" engraved in the spreader brackets. Hence, the aluminum mast was built by Kungsörs Båtvarv AB; still, the search for the original sailnumber of the boat remains open. edit
Construction Notes - 05.08.2009 by Daniel Rossi
Hull planking: Mahogany
Deck Beams: Spruce
Keel has a bulb with attached rudder edit
Searching for the origin - Vator #753 - 12.12.2008 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
Information from the owner, Daniel Rossi:
"I have .... 5.5 meter built by Vator (Hull #753) that I put back together in 1992-1996.... I just put this boat back in the water after having it in storage for about 7 years."
Daniel will add photos and hopes for input on the boat's history
- Complex V US-51 - 06.11.2014 by Matti Muoniovaara
- Complex is Vator boat #753 built 1963 for Dr. Britton Chance. Those days Jr. was an amateur designer. It's the first design of young Brit.
Rossi's boat is this boat.
- Complex V, US-51 - 01.08.2013 by Daniel Rossi
- This was the first Britton Chance, Jr. 5.5 design that was built. - July, 1970 Sports Illustrated Article.
G. Cox raced Complex V in the 1965 Worlds (Italy) and took 3rd place/Bronze.
- Original sails for several of the Complex series boats owned by Dr. Britton Chance - 28.02.2009 by Rex Howland
- Dr. Chance has given me several of the original sails for the Complex series of 5.5 metre boats he owned. They include sails for Complex III, Complex V, and Complex VI. All of these sails can still be used (at least for historical purposes).
- Designer of Complex V - 03.06.2008 by Rex Howland
- Britton Chance Jr. was the designer of Complex V.
5.5 metre sailboats with name of Complex were:
Complex II US - 1 built in 1952
Complex III US - 21 built in 1959
Complex V US - 51 built in 1963
Complex VI US - 78 built in 1968
Note: Complex II name came from biological discovery made by Dr.Britton Chance.
In addition, the Chance family sailed on State 6 US - 58 built in 1964.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|USA-051||"Complex V"||Dr. Britton Chance (1963-?)|
|USA-051||"Purple Haze"||Daniel Rossi (1992-?)|
Sign in to add an owner