|Designer||Arvid Laurin (SWE)|
|1st certificate issued||1954-00-00|
|Original boat name||Svalan|
|Original sail number||021|
- Svalan - 17.02.2014 by Wayne Mullins
- Svalan was in the roster of the National Yacht Club, Toronto in the late 1960's - owned by Peter Barber. She was the last recorded winner of the Lake Ontario 5.5 metre championships in 1969.
- Importing boats into Canada - George Cuthbertson informs - 17.06.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Information received from George Cuthbertson:
"During the 1950's, Peter Davidson and I, operating as Canadian Northern Co., imported many yachts from Europe into Canada including eight or ten 5.5 metres. In most cases we were working with Klaus Baess of Copenhagen, Denmark. "Svalan" was acquired through Knud Reimers, Stockholm, Sweden."
- 5.5 S-21 "Svalan" - 18.03.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Correction: ... has been owned by someone of his sailing club... in Canada...
- 5.5 S-21 "Svalan" - was sold to Canada - 15.03.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Ivan Lavine has just informed, that "Svalan" has been owned by his family in Canada. Where is she today?
- S21 - 02.03.2008 by Jens Busch
- S 21 Svalan is a Arvid Laurin design built in 1954 for the Consortium SYK (Stockholm Yacht Klubb) Helmsmen has been Jan Georgii and Pelle Gedda.
- 5.5 S-21 - 16.02.2008 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Not too much data available here, so far; name can be "Svalan" or "Suhlan"; as the name comes from a handwritten list from the end of the 80's, the name might not be the original name, though.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|SWE-021||"Svalan"||Consortium SYK (1954-?)|
|CAN-008||"Svalan"||Max Goldhar (?-?)|
Sign in to add an owner