|Designer||Stig Tiedeman (SWE)|
|Builders||Moronäsvarvet, Saltsjöbaden (SWE)|
|Material||Mahogany, carvel planked|
|1st certificate issued||1952|
|Original boat name||Koala|
|Original sail number||014|
|Current location||Near Örebro, Mälaren (SWE)|
- 5.5 S-14 "Koala" - Info from the Swedish Maritime Museum - 11.11.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Plans of 5.5 S-14 are available at the Swedish Maritime Museum; this report from Malin Joakimson:
We have a large collection of plans made by Tiedemann. There are two designs made by Tiedemann for 5,5 metre yachts in 1951 in the collection. They are the only two 5,5 yachts in his collection.
In our database (http://samlingar.maritima.se/marketstore/) they have the accession numbers: 2000:8:37 and 2000:8:89.
No 37 have the measurements 9,76 meter in length and 1,93 meters beam. Sail area 28,99 square meters. In total 9 plans.
No 89 are only two plans, not a finished design and there are no measurements on them.
- 5.5 SWE 14 / boat believed to be found - 22.07.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- The boat found near Örebro is told to have been built in or near Stockholm in 1952. As all other Swedish 5.5's with such parameters are already allocated, the final match is with SWE 14; hence the addition of pictures and ownership data. Anyone having more information and pictures of SWE 14 in the time between 1952 and 2002, please add such here.
- Cabin - 08.07.2008 by Jens Busch
- This boat got a cabin in early years. In the 60´s the Rudberg family sailed her on their summer vacations, mostly in the Stockholm arcipelago. I was lucky to know them and has sailed the boat a lot.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|SWE-014||"Koala"||Sölve Adamsson (1952-1959)|
|SWE-014||"Koala"||E. Stenberg (1960-1963)|
|SWE-014||"Koala"||S. Sjöbeck (1964-?)|
|SWE-014||"Koala"||Lasse & Ulla Rudberg (1965-?)|
|SWE-014||"Koala"||. Lundvall (1973-?)|
|SWE-014||"Jasmin"||? ? (?-?)|
|GER-063||"Charlotta"||Henning Buitkamp (2001-?)|
Sign in to add an owner