|Designer||Arvid Laurin (SWE)|
|Builders||Hjalmar Johansson, H. Johanssons Batvarv, Langedrag (SWE)|
|Material||Mahogany, carvel planked|
|1st certificate issued||1951|
|Original boat name||Iroquois|
|Original sail number||011|
- Charm during the early eighties - 24.02.2013 by bo söderström
- I owned this boat for a while in the early eighties. Home harbor was at Lidingö. I bought it in Stockholm and believe the boat had been in Stockholm for a while before that. At that time the mahogany hull was varnished
- 5.5 S-11 - not exported to Norway in the 50's - 10.01.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Jens Bush has contirbuted these findings:
"S 11: I have data from 1951 to 1964 stating she is swedish: 1951-54 Iroquois, owner Morgan Lindström. 1955-58 Charm, Lennart (or Lasse) Berg. 1959-60: Charm II, Gösta Svensson. 1960-64 Charm II, Patric Fredell.
From 1965 she no longer appears in the archives.
This shows, I think, that the N8 is not the same boat as S11.
- 5.5 S-11 - to have become N-8? - 03.01.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Lloyd's Register of 1953 is stating 5.5 N-8 "Lully IV" to be a 1951 Laurin designed and Johannsons built 5.5; assumption: S-11 became N-8, owned by Jörgen J. Lorentzen of Oslo.
If other historic data is available, please add it, to confirm or to get things right.
- Iroquois - 07.03.2008 by Jens Busch
- The original name of S11 was Iroquois, owner Morgan Lindström. In 1955 (maybe earlier) Lennart Berg was the owner and then the name was Charm II.
- 5.5 S-11 / sold to Norway - 16.02.2008 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- According to a Swedish list from the end of the 80's this boat was sold to Norway.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|SWE-011||"Iroquois"||Morgan Lindström (1951-?)|
|SWE-011||"Charm II"||Lennart Berg (1955-?)|
Sign in to add an owner