|Designer||Tore Holm (SWE)|
|Builder||Gamleby varv (SWE)|
|1st certificate issued||1951|
|Original boat name||KSSS 1951|
|Original sail number||003|
- Data Transfer - as SR-1 was originally S-3 - 17.12.2013 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Originally SWE-3 KSSS 1951 - 1 hours ago by Matias Johansson
According to Till Rors (1952/16, p. 12) Burevestnik was originally SWE-3 KSSS 1951 (by Tore Holm).
Burevestnik means "stormbringer", a type of seabird, in Russian and may refer to the Soviet Trade Unions' sports association by the same name.
She participated in the Helsinki Olympics in 1952 crewed by Alexandrov, K., Aleksejev, L. and Pankrashkin, P.
- Sold to Soviet Union - 17.12.2013 by Matias Johansson
- According to Till Rors (1952/16, p. 12) Burevestnik, the Soviet yacht in the Helsinki Olympics, was originally SWE-3 KSSS 1951.
- 5.5m SWE-3 "KSSS 1951" - 25.03.2010 by Matias Johansson
- According to the caption on the Swedish Maritime Museums website the boat was won in a lottery by Fred Persson in August 1951. Additional information may be available in the KSSS Annals of 1952, page 22.
- S3 - 02.03.2008 by Jens Busch
- The first name of this boat was simply "KSSS 1951". The winner was W F Persson and the boat was built at Holms boatyard in Gamleby. (unfortunately Persson is a very common name in Sweden so it´s not easy to find out who he - or she - was)
- 5.5 S-3 - 16.02.2008 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- This boat was the 1951 KSSS lottery boat, a Tore Holm design, built at the Gamleby Varv of the Holm family.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|SWE-003||"KSSS 1951"||W. F. Persson (1951-?)|
|RUS-001||"Burevestnik"||K. Alexandrov (1952-?)|
Sign in to add an owner