|Designer||Arvid Laurin (SWE)|
|Builders||Oscar Schelin, Kungsörs Båtvarv AB (SWE)|
|1st certificate issued||1951|
|Original boat name||Sjöhäxa|
|Original sail number||001|
- 5.5 US-2 "Sjöhäxa" - Sold to Canada, which sailnumber ? - 28.06.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- The boat was sold to Canada; George Cuthbertson informs, that she was owned by Lou Winters and registered with the Port Credit Yacht Club. Who knows the Canadian sailnumber?
- 5.5 S-1 > 5.5 KC-2 / Transfer of notes - 12.02.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Information - 15 hours ago by Matti Muoniovaara:
This boat is originally Sjöhäxa S-1, Arvid Laurin design and built by Kungsörs Båtvarv. The boat went to the US around 56 and had US-2 (Sjohaxa) sail letters.
The first Canadian original boat was Bibis II KC-13 for James Crang.
5.5 KC-2 / Original or Alias? - yesterday by Kaspar Stubenrauch:
Info on design, boatyard & owners is needed to determine, whether this boat was original Canadian or imported.
- 5.5 S 1 "Sjöhäxa" - photos anyone? - 18.09.2008 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Could those having historic images of the boat please scan them and place them in this file?
Would be helpful in our search for ZZZ/003
- Sold to Bermudas - 10.03.2008 by Jens Busch
- Sjöhäxa was sold to Bermudas around 1955, according to a reliable source.
- News on S1 - 02.03.2008 by Jens Busch
- Sjöhäxa was built by Schelin at Kungsör in 1951 (not -50) for Hjalmar Frisell, KSSS. Despite Monique was built in 1950, Sjöhäxa got number S1. and Monique S2. The reason for this is unclear to me.
Frisell won the Öresundspokalen with Sjöhäxa in 1951.
- Chartering a 5.5? - 09.02.2008 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- "Sjöhäxa" has been sailing as P-1 in the Helsinki Olympics, assuming she was chartered.
- Information - 08.02.2008 by Matti Muoniovaara
- Goes 1956 to the US (Sjohaxa US-2) and later to Canada.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|SWE-001||"Sjöhäxa"||Hjalmar Frisell (1950-?)|
|POR-001||"Sjöhäxa"||D. M. Bello (1952-?)|
|USA-002||"Sjohaxa"||William L. Horton (1956-?)|
|CAN-004||"Sjöhäxa"||Lou Winters (?-?)|
Sign in to add an owner