|Designer||Doug Peterson (USA)|
|Builders||Harry C. "Buddy" Melges, Melges Boat Works, Zenda, Wisconsin (USA)|
|Material||Glass fiber and polyester|
|1st certificate issued||1993|
|Original boat name||Odyssée Jr.|
|Original sail number||181|
|Current location||Djursholm, Stockholm Skerries (SWE)|
- First boat out of the moulds - 01.02.2011 by Petter Fjeld
- SUI 181 was the first boat out of the moulds and was ready for test sailing in Januray 1993 in Texas. Kristian Nergaard and Henrik Dahlmain was there to test the boat against Thunderbunny( Melges MkI). The test was succesful and Nergaard ordered build nr 2 and became Zenda Corn. They also build Dodotoo and My Shout before the Worlds at Hankø same year.
- ownership of NOR 61 - 01.02.2011 by Petter Fjeld
- The boat was bought by Petter Fjeld in 2004 and sold to Wilhelm Stang in 2009.
- The Builder is MELGES BOAT WORKS! - 18.03.2008 by Matti Muoniovaara
- The builder was Melges Boat Works! Seven boats were built 1993-94: Odyssée Jr SUI-181, Zenda Corn NOR-57, My Shout USA-97, Dodotoo FIN-40, Alibaba SUI-189, Onyx Abraxsas 6 SUI-191, Candida 3 GBR-39. This Peterson one-design was the most succesfull of the 90s. 1993, 94, 95, 96, 97 & 1998 Worlds and Gold Cup. 1999 Gold Cup. 2000 Europeans.
- First indications to be completed... - 12.02.2008 by Sebastien Schmidt
- I guess this boat was the initiators of the Peterson/Melges production line together with USA-097 "My Shout".
Boat's name is refering to the father Jean Lauener who ordered many 5.5 all named Odyssée, in which last one was SUI-153 the XI.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|SUI-181||"Odyssée Jr."||Dominique Lauener (1993-1997)|
|SUI-181||"Tegel X"||Bernard Gay (1997-2004)|
|NOR-061||"Office"||Petter Fjeld (2004-2009)|
|NOR-061||"Lois Lane"||Wilhelm Stang (2009-?)|
|SWE-065||"Odyssé"||Bernhard Rost (2014-?)|
Sign in to add an owner