|Designers||Warren Muir (Australia), Ben Lexcen (AUS)|
|Builders||Harry C. "Buddy" Melges, Melges Boat Works, Zenda, Wisconsin (USA)|
|1st certificate issued||1989|
|Original boat name||Rana|
|Original sail number||160|
|Current location||Tremezzo, Lake of Como (ITA)|
- 5.5 SUI 160 and her sisters - 04.02.2010 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Following the info from Warren Muir about "Warrior III" and the first series of Melges built 5.5m boats, here are the sister boats to SUI 160; they are listed with their last sailnumbers known:
NOR 47, USA 91, NOR 50, GER 75, USA 94, SUI 184, USA 96, NOR 54, SUI 176, NOR 56, SUI 202, NED 10, NOR 58, BAH 16, SUI 155, SUI 171, SUI 172 and GER 25. NED 10 was lost in a fire; USA 91 + 94 are not found again, yet and BAH 16 is told to have gone to a US-based sailing school.
Together with the originals FRA 44 and SUI 135, it will be a challenge to meet again, for close competition races.
- Date of owner change to be corrected. - 06.10.2007 by Site Administrator
- Please share your precisions when you have some new ones !
- Mistake on date and original name - 06.10.2007 by Site Administrator
- Launch date is 1989 and original name is Rana
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|SUI-160||"Rana"||Félix Bibus (1989-?)|
|SUI-160||"Silène"||S. Brenni (1994-?)|
|SUI-160||"Seline"||Paolo & Sebastiano Brenni (2011-?)|
Sign in to add an owner