|Designers||Ben Lexcen (AUS), Warren Muir (Australia)|
|Builders||Harry C. "Buddy" Melges, Melges Boat Works, Zenda, Wisconsin (USA)|
|1st certificate issued||1988|
|Original boat name||Ali-Baba|
|Original sail number||155|
|Current location||Gottlieben, Lake of Constance (SUI)|
- 5.5 SUI 155 & her sisters - 24.06.2012 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Following info received from Warren Muir about "Warrior III" and the first series of Melges built 5.5m boats, here is a list of sister boats to SUI 155; the boats are listed with their last sailnumbers known:
NOR 47, USA 91, NOR 50, GER 75, USA 94, SUI 184, NOR 54, SUI 176, NOR 56, SUI 202, NED 10, NOR 58, BAH 16, SUI 155, SUI 160, SUI 171, SUI 172 and GER 25. NED 10 was lost in a fire; USA 91 + 94 are not found again, yet and BAH 16 is told to have gone to a US-based sailing school.
To these the two initial boats are added, SUI 135 and FRA 44. It will be a challenge to meet again, for close competition races. Gentlemen, on your marks!
- Ownership dates now completed... - 31.03.2008 by Site Administrator
- Thank you Häsu for your complementary infos...
- Ownership dates - 30.09.2007 by jeroen de vries
- SUI-155 went to The Netherlands in 1996 as NED-016, when Hans Nadorp bought the boat from Hans Peter Schmid. In 2000, Jeroen de Vries bought the boat from Hans Nadorp and is the current owner (sep2007)
- Dates of ownership's changes - 29.09.2007 by Site Administrator
- Dates of ownership changes are approximated on purpose and set up like this only to respect the chronoligical ownership order.
So please share your precisions when you have some new ones !
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|SUI-155||"Ali Baba"||Bruno Marazzi (1988-1992)|
|SUI-155||"Pungin"||Hans-Peter Schmid (1992-1996)|
|NED-016||"Maitresse"||Hans Nadorp (1996-2000)|
|NED-016||"Isis"||Jeroen de Vries (2000-?)|
|SUI-155||"Isis"||Wilhelm Krüger (2008-?)|
Sign in to add an owner