|Designer||Henri Copponex (SUI)|
|Builders||Louis Plojoux, Corsier-Port, Genève (SUI)|
|1st certificate issued||1960|
|Original boat name||Ylliam XV|
|Original sail number||039|
- Correction - 28.04.2008 by Site Administrator
- Original name and owner corrected from "Bacouni III" to "Ylliam XV" on 28.04.08 by Seb.
- Hypothesis - 28.04.2008 by Site Administrator
- "Ylliam XV" is believably Z-39 following one source : the register of the Société Nautique de Genève; and a deduction : on the Henri Copponex drawings HC001, HC057, HC058 and HC100 (archives ref.), dated all of nov. 1959, it is mentionned "Ylliam XIV à André Firmenich" either by mistake, or (hypothesis) because H.C. proposed that design to André Firmenich to be the XIV, lost this order which went to Ohlson and became Z-36, but build it finally in 1960 at Corsier Port ?
- The "Ylliam"5.5's - 28.04.2008 by Site Administrator
- There has been seven 5.5 named "Ylliam" (the other numbers of the dynasty are other metrics or multihulls). "Ylliam" is the anagram of "Mailly", which is the name of the domain owned by the Firmenich family near Versoix, on the Leman lake.
"Ylliam X" is Z-11 (see SUI-011) Copponex/Corsier Port 1955 believably immediately sold to Charles Stern and become "Antiope VII".
"Ylliam XI" is Z-15 (see SUI-015)(and not XII as mentionned by mistake in the rating certificate), Copponex/Corsier Port 1956.
"Ylliam XII" is Z-23 (see SUI-023), Copponex/Corsier Port 1957.
"Ylliam XIII" is Z-32 (see SUI-032), Copponex/Corsier Port 1959.
"Ylliam XIV" is Z-36 (see SUI-036), Ohlson/Kungstor 1960.
"Ylliam XV" is believably Z-39 (see detailed note), Copponex/Corsier Port 1960.
"Ylliam XVI" is Z-66 (see SUI-066), Hunt/Vator OY 1964.
Story reconstituted together with Pierre Girard and Noël Charmillot at the Musée du Léman on 03.11.06.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|SUI-039||"Ylliam XV"||André Firmenich (1960-1961)|
|SUI-039||"Bacouni III"||Eric Amrein (1961-?)|
|SUI-039||"Bacouni III"||E. Munari (?-?)|
Sign in to add an owner