|Designer||Henri Copponex (SUI)|
|Builders||Louis Plojoux, Corsier-Port, Genève (SUI)|
|1st certificate issued||1959|
|Original boat name||Ylliam XIII|
|Original sail number||032|
|Current location||Possibly: Lago Maggiore (ITA or SUI?)|
- 5.5 G-7 "Bronia" - making the front pages in 1960 - 18.09.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Herbert Scholl (NRV) had won the elimination races in Germany with "Bronia" and sailed for Germany in the 1960 Olympics.
- Correction : SUI-032 is "Ylliam XIII" , not "Ylliam VIII" - 28.04.2008 by Site Administrator
- "Ylliam VIII" was not a 5.5.
See specific note about Ylliam numbers succession.
Ownership corrected 28.04.08 / Seb.
- The "Ylliam" 5.5's - 28.04.2008 by Site Administrator
- There has been seven 5.5 named "Ylliam" (the other numbers of the dynasty are other metrics or multihulls). "Ylliam" is the anagram of "Mailly", which is the name of the domain owned by the Firmenich family near Versoix, on the Leman lake.
"Ylliam X" is Z-11 (see SUI-011) Copponex/Corsier Port 1955 believably immediately sold to Charles Stern and become "Antiope VII".
"Ylliam XI" is Z-15 (see SUI-015)(and not XII as mentionned by mistake in the rating certificate), Copponex/Corsier Port 1956.
"Ylliam XII" is Z-23 (see SUI-023), Copponex/Corsier Port 1957.
"Ylliam XIII" is Z-32 (see SUI-032), Copponex/Corsier Port 1959.
"Ylliam XIV" is Z-36 (see SUI-036), Ohlson/Kungstor 1960.
"Ylliam XV" is believably Z-39 (see SUI-039), Copponex/Corsier Port 1960.
"Ylliam XVI" is Z-66 (see SUI-066), Hunt/Vator OY 1964.
Story reconstituted together with Pierre Girard and Noël Charmillot at the Musée du Léman on 03.11.06.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|SUI-032||"Ylliam XIII"||André Firmenich (1959-1960)|
|GER-007||"Bronia"||Herbert Scholl (1960-?)|
|SUI-032||"Point au vent"||D. Pfister (?-?)|
|SUI-032||"Joker"||Thomas Sprecher (?-?)|
|SUI-032||"?"||F. Reining (?-?)|
Sign in to add an owner