|Designer||Warren Muir (Australia)|
|Builder||Warren Muir (Australia)|
|Material||Cold laminated wood|
|1st certificate issued||1985-12-24|
|Original boat name||Footloose|
|Original sail number||044|
|Current location||Hamburg, on her trailer, ready to travel (GER)|
- 5.5 N-44 "Footloose" - 04.02.2010 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Info from Warren Muir: 5.5 N-44 "Footloose" was built from the same design as 5.5 BA-13 "John B VII", which won the worlds in Australia in 1986.
- NOR-044 - 31.12.2008 by jos motzheim
- I bought the NOR-044 from Petter Fjeld, Norway in the winter of 2004. The boat was shipped to the Netherlands, to my hometown Lelystad by Petter. After a too long winter I could finally start with the restauration. See the pictures. I have hundreds more, because I made pictures of each and every detail. Early 2005 it was painted professionaly. We gave it the name Wirri-Wirri. I found this name more appropriate because she was built in Australia. Wirri-Wirri means "Whirlwind" in the aboriginal language ;-)We sail her at the Markermeer in the Netherlands. It still bears the olf NOR-044 number. I sailed it for a couple of years with my oldest boy, whom now started to study in Delft and we do not have the time anymore to sail the Wirri-Wirri. Therefore she is for sale. See the website and last picture for my e-mail address and phone number. Previous messages may be removed because it is clear that she is not the KA-043. The note of Sebastien Schmidt however is indeed correct. I still have his original drawings of a new rudder for the NOR-044. I bought this design from Petter Fjeld, but did not order a new rudder, but kept the old one. Regards Jos Motzheim, Lelystad The Netherlands. ++31-320264545
- No sistership to KA-43 - 20.08.2008 by Matti Muoniovaara
- These two boats N-44 and KA-43 are completely different boats. It can be read from the two certificates. They are different in all numbers.
L1 length N44 7.288 and KA43 is 7.343 , weights 1748 and 1765.
- Sister-ship of AUS-043 ? - 20.08.2008 by Site Administrator
- To be confirmed.
- NOR 44 / Notes transferred - 15.08.2008 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
(NOR-44) shipped to The Netherland - 30.05.2008 by jos motzheim
Nangarina was sailed for a couple of years by Petter Fjeld untill 2003. The boat was at that time named FOKUS. On Februari 14th, 2004 Petter shipped the boat to our hometown Lelystad in the Netherlands and we bought it from him. I restored the boat carefully, also it was repainted professionally. It now bears the name Wirri-Wirri what means Whirlwind in the Aboriginal Language ;-) We sail it at the Markermeer. it still has the old number NOR-44. Jos Motzheim (owner)
First indications to be completed... - 12.02.2008 by Sebastien Schmidt
Light displacement for whom we designed a new rudder in summer 2003.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|NOR-044||"Footloose"||John S. Platou (1985-?)|
|NOR-044||"Just in time"||Petter Fjeld (?-2004)|
|NOR-044||"Wirri Wirri"||Jos Motzheim (2004-2010)|
|GER-074||"Traumfänger"||Hans-Joachim Franzen (2010-?)|
Sign in to add an owner