|Designer||Henri Copponex (SUI)|
|Builders||Louis Plojoux, Corsier-Port, Genève (SUI)|
|Material||Traditional planking, cedar wood|
|1st certificate issued||1959|
|Original boat name||Posillipo III|
|Original sail number||024|
|Current location||Lago Maggiore (ITA)|
- Information - 26.04.2008 by Matti Muoniovaara
- M. Muoniovaara wrote the results of Olympics 1960 (below) in this form. The sail letters were E-1 (Eusebio Bertrand, Jorge Marti & Juan A. Rague). Source: Rome XVII Olympics, Yachting concurrents, 5.5 m. I. C.
Dr. Luigi Lang writes that Dalgra sailed there under Spanish flag. Also the same thing is in the film from Cowes World 5.5m Championship 1998. Marina Carpaneda tells the same as Dr. Lang. In his document Dr. Lang does not mention at all that the Italian 5.5 Ciocca III I-18 sailed as P-18 (Portugal, Duarte & Fernando Bello, Julio Gorinho). He might not have seen the 1960 concurrent list. That’s why I write that E-1 is I-24.
- Details of the chartering (source Olypic results) - 26.04.2008 by Site Administrator
- 13th/19 at the XVII Olympics 1960 Napoli, Italy, Eusebio Bertrand Battlo, Jorge Marti Lluma, Juan Antonio Rague Giro, Posillipo III , E- (I-24), Henri Copponex 1959, 13-10-17-12-17-6-12, 2045p.
- Notes received from Pierre Girard on 03.11.06 - 26.04.2008 by Site Administrator
- Built at Corsier Port shipyard in 1959 for the club Posillipo of Napoli. Chartered by Spain for the Olympics 1960 as E-1.
- Original drawings available - 26.04.2008 by Site Administrator
- The following seven original drawings (all dated Aug.1958) are available for consultation at Le Musee du Leman in Nyon (see banner in home page).
Ref. HC021 & HC083, hull lines.
Ref. HC060, hull dimensions.
Ref. HC059, fin-keel dimensions.
Sailplan is the same as ref. HC094 of Sept.1956 for SUI-023, SUI-027, SUI-028 and ITA-022
- Nota Bene about ownership - 26.04.2008 by Site Administrator
- Ownership as mentionned here on the right is the status on 1st Oct. 2004 following the Italian register (source Alberto Dollinar 28.09.07).
Please feel free to add your own knowledges about original and previous owner's sequence.
Thanks in advance.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|ITA-024||"Posillipo III"||Posillipo Club, Napoli (1959-?)|
|ESP-001||"Posillipo III"||Eusebio Bertrand Battlo (1960-1960)|
|ITA-024||"Nennella"||Circolo Nautico Posillipo (?-?)|
|ITA-024||"Posillipo III"||Claudio Governale (2004-?)|
|ITA-024||"Posillipo III"||Vittorio Pozzo (2014-?)|
Sign in to add an owner