|Designer||Alfred Edward "Bill" Luders Jr. (USA)|
|Builder||Bjarne Aas (NOR)|
|Material||Mahogany, carvel planked|
|1st certificate issued||1964-05-06|
|Original boat name||Subbnboana|
|Original sail number||012|
|Current location||Tutzing (DTYC), Lake of Starnberg (GER)|
- German & Dutch Open 2017 - DTYC - 27.01.2017 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- This coming May, the German & Dutch Open will be hosted by DTYC in Tutzing, on Lake of Starnberg. The boat of honour will be 5.5 GER 12 "Subbnboana", helmed by 1964 Olympic sailor Dr. Herbert "Biwi" Reich.
- 5.5 GER 12 "Subbnboana" - beautiful refit - 13.05.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- "Subbnboana" underwent a complete refit process during winter and has beautifully reappeared on the Lake of Starnberg.
- owners - 26.06.2008 by PERRUSSEL Marc
- from 1968 the owner was Jean Graul who named her BOUDDAH 7.
Next owner unknown.
Next owner Christian Chaudet until 1995
- Buy - Win - Sell - 04.02.2008 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- After the Death of Olympic Hopeful Josef Pankofer (5.5 GER 11 "Mechtild"), the "Student - Team" Herbert Reich, Frits Kopperschmidt and Eckart Wagner came up with the idea of their own Olympic qualification; just lacking the finance. So the concept of "Buy - Win - Sell" was born. Backed by a bank guarantee the DTYC became the official owner of the boat, Bill Luders made a special price for the construction - and they made it against Olympic participant Herbert Scholl with Pankofers boat(G11 "Bronia"), Rudi Harmstorf (G 13 "Sünnschien") and several Willy Lehmann boats from the East to Tokyo. Frits later had to quit the races for personal reasons, but still a respectful 5th place was made. After the games the boat was sold and so the orignal plan fulfilled.
- Information - 21.09.2007 by Matti Muoniovaara
- Nach Rissen von Bill Luders liess der Deutsche Touring Yacht-Club Anfang 1964 den 5.5er „Subbnboana“ bauen, den Herbert "Biwi" Reich in Tokio steuern wird. (Die Yacht 1964)
- Information - 17.09.2007 by Sebastien Schmidt
- Doubt on original owner : Eckart Wagner ?
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|GER-012||"Subbnboana"||Deutsche Touring Yacht-Club (1964-1965)|
|SUI-074||"Artemis V"||Willi Pieper (1965-1968)|
|SUI-074||"Bouddah VII"||Jean Graul (1968-?)|
|SUI-074||"Bouddah VII"||Christian Chaudet (?-1995)|
|FRA-012b||"Subbnboana"||Marc Perrussel (1995-2008)|
|GER-012||"Subbnboana"||Dr. Wolfgang Oehler (2008-?)|
Sign in to add an owner