|Designer||Einar Ohlson + Carl Erik Ohlson (Sweden)|
|Builders||Gustav Karlsson, Bröderna Karlsson & Söner, aka Svinevikens Båtvarv, Orust (SWE)|
|Material||Mahogany, carvel planked|
|1st certificate issued||1967-07-11|
|Original boat name||Yeoman XV|
|Original sail number||035|
- Yeoman in Acapulco 1968 - 08.08.2015 by Matias Johansson
- GBR-035 can be seen in the book "Elvström speaks on Yacht Racing" p. 16 with two other unidentified 5.5's in the background.
A complete list of yachts participating in the 1968 Mexico olympics can be found here:
The Official Report available from http://olympic-museum.de/o-reports/report1968.htm does not list yachts.
- 5.5 Z-96 "Revenge II" - in the 70s - 28.07.2014 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- H. Haffter, owner from 1974 to 1978 reports on "Revenge II":
She was maintained at the Boatyard Heinrich in Kreuzlingen, which built a separate rudder for her, making the original rudder smaller, to become a trim tab.
From all the many boats he has been experiencing, he says, that the 5.5 was the most elegant and nicest to sail.
- 5.5 K-35 & Z-96 - data transfer - 18.03.2014 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Following information from Robin A. Aisher, K-35 became Z-96 in 1969; hence the data transfer for Z-96:
5.5 Z-96 "Nisse IV" - Original or alias? - 21.08.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
Given the high Swiss sailnumber for a 1967 boat, there is a probability, that Z-96 had been imported. K-35 "Yeoman XV" was sold to Switzerland at the end of the 60's but so far it is not known which Swiss sailnumber she got. Ohlson/Svineviken would match the Aisher purchasing habit. Anyone having photographs and info on Z-96 from between 1967 and 1972, please place them here.
- 5.5 K-35 - The 1968 "Bronce boat" - 01.08.2010 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- This boat is said to have been sold to Switzerland. Who can offer historic info on her history between 1969 and the 1970's?
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|GBR-035||"Yeoman XV"||Robin A. Aisher (1967-1969)|
|SUI-096||"Nisse IV"||Ed. Egli (1969-?)|
|SUI-096||"Revenge II"||Hermann Haffter (1974-1978)|
|SUI-096||"Tangaroa"||F & A Nägeli (1978-?)|
|SUI-096||"Galatea"||J. Toller (?-?)|
Sign in to add an owner