|Designer||Arthur C. Robb (GBR)|
|Builder||Burnes Shipyard (GBR)|
|Material||Double skin mahogany|
|1st certificate issued||1957-00-00|
|Original boat name||Medina|
|Original sail number||018|
- 5.5 K-18 "Medina" - 10 years ago - 09.08.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Note received from Ronnie Browne, 6th August 2009:
"Medina" was in fact repaired and eventually made its way to Northern Ireland where my son owned it for a couple of years - that was about 10 years ago. It was in rather poor condition however with a lot of rot and the last I heard was that in spite of a lot of effort on the part of the new owner it was beyond repair and has I believe been scrapped.
- 5.5 K-18 "Medina": designer and builder - 31.07.2009 by Frits Kruyt
- K-18 Medina was designed by Arthur C. Robb and built by Burne's Shipyard, in Bosham, Sussex (GBR) in the second half of the 1950's (after K-17, Vision).
Material: double skin mahogany.
Owner was the Marquis of Milford haven.
- 5.5 K-18 "Medina" - lost or restored? - 31.07.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Val Provoost remembers K-18 "Medina"(Note posted with the Intl. 5.5m website in May 2002)
"....Late sixties/early seventies we had three 5.5s sailing at the club, K1 The Deb, K18 Medina and K32 Bjarne which was one of the most beautiful boats I have ever seen. Bjarne was sold, Medina was wrecked and sold to Belsize boatyard but was restorable...." Val Provoost
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|GBR-018||"Medina"||The Marquess of Milford Haven (1957-?)|
Sign in to add an owner