|Designer||Bjarne Aas (NOR)|
|Builder||Bjarne Aas (NOR)|
|Material||Mahogany, carvel planked|
|1st certificate issued||1952|
|Original boat name||Achtung|
|Original sail number||009|
- 5.5m drawing by Bjarne Aas - Design from 1951 - 22.12.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- The log of drawings by Bjarne Aas is showing the name of F.G. Mitchell in connection with N-3 and N-5; for these 3 boats the Norwegian Maritime Museum is holding copies of drawings dated November 1951
- Designer of Achtung, K-9 - 22.12.2009 by Frits Kruyt
- According to a Yachting World, April 1952, p. 179, the designer (and builder) is Bjarne Aas.
This is confirmed by the Dutch magazine De Waterkampioen, nr. 900, April 1952, p. 148, although the author says that "another name was mentioned, too" ("al werd ook een andere naam genoemd").
- GBR-9 is not Yeoman VI, but Achtung - 22.12.2009 by Frits Kruyt
- K-9 is Achtung, owner E.B.N. ("Tiny") Mitchell.
In the Italian magazine Vela e Motore, april 1952, p. 98, there is a photograph of one of the Genoa races, showing K-9. In the text with the photo the boat is said to be Achtung; this was the only British boat in the 1952 races at Genoa.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
Sign in to add an owner