|Designer||Britton Chance Jr. (USA)|
|Builders||Oy Vator, Vator Oy AB. Helsinki (FIN)|
|1st certificate issued||1968|
|Original boat name||Ca-Ro VII|
|Original sail number||028|
|Current location||Wijde Aa, Kaag en Braassem (NED)|
- N 36 - 29.01.2009 by Jens Busch
- L 28 Ca-Ro VII became S 57. The swedish owner Per Skoglund sold her to Knut Johansson (I think this is the correct spelling) and she became N 36 Brith 2.
In the Worlds in Hankö 1983 N 36 is named Ca Ro again, skipper/owner Henning Bull J:r (who later bought KA 28 = S 59 = N 39 from me)
I think Ca-Ro is the correct spelling, it appears in several old entry lists etc.
Per Skoglund also bought L 30 Patricia of Finland = S 62 and sold her to Knut Johansson = N 37 Brith 3.
Brith 1 was N 19 (at least in 1979)
- Caro VII - 01.07.2008 by Pieter den Haan
- We purchased Caro VII in early 1998 from Helsinki I believe as L-28 after which she became NED-24. She never was NED-23 and as far as I know never had a Swiss number; I'd like to know more if there is an enigma. She was modified on a date unknown to me as her original rudder attached to the keel has been shortened to a sort of trimtab which we never use, leaving an unsatisfactory profile on keel. The construction shows that the addded rudder has been tried out on several locations aft in the past. In 1998 she had a Soling rudder aft, replaced in 2005 by a narrower and deeper one.
She is still named Caro VII, the name Flopiarie and later even Flopiariejo was used jokingly in the past reflecting the first names of my family (Florence, Pieter, Adriaan and Johanna) as Ca-Ro does.
- Information CaRo VII - 10.10.2007 by Matti Muoniovaara
- Caro was intruduced during Sandhamn Gold Cup races.
40th Scandinavian Gold Cup 1968 Sandhamn, Sweden, 6 countries
pos) boat, skipper, crew, (R1-R2-R3 / R4-R5 / wins) design year
1) Norway, Fram IV, N-31, Prince Harald, Stein Föjen, Eirik Johannessen (dnf-1-1 / 2-1 / 3) Britton Chance Jr. 1968
2) Sweden, Wasa III, S-40, Sune Carlsson, Börje Larsson, Olle Karlsson (1-2-3 / 1-2 / 2) E. & C-E. Ohlson 1964
Italia, Manuela VII, I-54, G. Zucchinetti, (2-3-2 / exc / 0) Britton Chance Jr. 1968
Denmark, Web IV, D-12, William Berntsen (3-4-4 / exc / 0) Alfred E. Luders Jr. 1966
Bahamas, John B4, BA-1, Robert H. Symonette (4-5-5 / exc / 0) Alfred E. Luders Jr. 1967
Finland, Caro 7, L-28, Robert Jansson (5-6-6 / exc / 0) Britton Chance Jr. 1968
- Information L-28 - 10.10.2007 by Matti Muoniovaara
- L-28 (FIN-28) Caro VII, from Finland she went mid 70s to Sweden to Per Skoglund S-57. Skoglund sold the boat to Norway early 80s after having bought Patricia L-30 from Finland 1980. She became N-36 and had several owners there (last one was Egil Söby). 1992 Caro came back to Finland from Norway, it was sold again in 1996 and became NED-24 Caro (Flopiarie).
- Information - 17.09.2007 by Sebastien Schmidt
- became NED-23 following Matti's register, but it doesn't fit with the swiss register (see SUI-63). Enigma to solve. Modified boat
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|FIN-028||"Caro 7"||Robert Jansson (1968-?)|
|SWE-057||"Caro 7"||Bertil Frisk (?-1976)|
|SWE-057||"Ca-Ro 7"||Per Skoglund (1976-1980)|
|NOR-036||"Brith 2"||Knut Johansson (1980-1983)|
|NED-024||"Caro 7"||n/a (1998-?)|
Sign in to add an owner