|Builders||L. Wilenius, Wilenius L. Porvoo (FIN)|
|1st certificate issued||1952|
|Original boat name||Ariane IV|
|Original sail number||008|
|Current location||SuPS (Suomenlinnan Pursiseura), Helsinki, Baltic Sea (FIN)|
- L-8 the original sail number - 12.08.2009 by Camilla Ekholm
- Just a quick note, that the original sail number for Ariane IV has been L-8. The sail number L-8 was maintained until 1998 when the sails were renewed. Could you correct that in the details?
One addition to the ownership history: during years 1997-2007 the boat has been owned by a Finnish family Marttila.
- Message and photos received from Camilla Ekholm, 29.08.08 - 14.05.2009 by Site Administrator
- The boat's home is in Helsinki, in Suomenlinna fortress island, in sailing club SuPS (Suomenlinnan Pursiseura).
We just won silver - with a little bit of luck - in the biggest Finnish classic sailing boat competition in Viaporin Tuoppi, unfortunately both Figaro and Norna were both having accidents;(
Here is a late picture from June.
- Message received from Camilla Ekholm on 13.08.08 - 18.08.2008 by Site Administrator
I am the new owner of the former Flamenco, former Ariane IV designed by G. Kyntzell and built in 1952.
We have also renamed the boat back to the actualy original name Ariane, Flamenco was used between 1965-2007.
- Information - 17.09.2007 by Sebastien Schmidt
- modified for cruising (roof)
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|FIN-008||"Ariane IV"||Kari Lampén (1952-?)|
|FIN-008||"Flamenco"||[un known] (1965-2007)|
|FIN-008||"Ariane IV"||n/a (2007-?)|
Sign in to add an owner