|Designer||Tore Holm (SWE)|
|Builders||G. Andersen, Andersen, Horsens (DEN)|
|Material||Mahogany, carvel planked|
|1st certificate issued||1952|
|Original boat name||Jill|
|Original sail number||002|
|Current location||Midland, Georgian Bay, Lake Huron, Ontario (CAN)|
- 5.5 CAN 3 "Jill Dansk" - almost ready to go - 28.05.2013 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- John Lister reports from Canada:
"... "Jill Dansk" coming back to life. The hull and deck were nicely refinished. I am just helping to get the fittings on her. Hope to see her sail in about two weeks..."
- 5.5 CAN 3 - in restoration - 10.11.2012 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- John Lister reports from Canada: "...Jill Dansk’s history is not well documented (yet) but in more recent years she was owned by Larry Guardhouse of Thornbury, Ontario (1.5 hours north of Toronto) on Georgian Bay. At one point Larry had the boat renewed by professionals in Thornbury where her hull was epoxy coated and splined. Larry recently sold the boat to Gil Letourneau who lives near Collingwood, Ontario. Larry then sold the boat to John Lister of Midland, Ontario. Lister passed the boat on to Ken MacDonald who is currently in the process of renewing the boat and hopes to launch her in 2013..."
- A visit to "Jill Dansk" - 26.12.2011 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- John Lister reports from Ontario:
"...I did get over to visit Jill Dansk.... The boat is in okay shape but in need of serious work as a tree had fallen on the stern deck resulting in 8 planks having been broken in the aft section. I also suspect the keelsum and much of the deadwood is rotten and in need of replacement. At some point in her recent past she was epoxyied and in my opinion should all be removed. She seems very original in her layout and hardware.
The boat is currently owned by 4 nice guys.... and she is sitting in a field with a rotting tarp over her. I explained that she needs to get indoors and out of the weather or otherwise she will die....I plan to follow-up to connect them to the 5.5 website as well as encourage them again to get the boat into a barn.
The mast is a good looking section and she sits on a new trailer.
- 5.5 D-2 "Jill" - Gone to Canada? - 19.03.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- "Jill" was presumably exported to Canada.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|DEN-002||"Jill"||Poul Ohff (1951-?)|
|CAN-003||"Jill"||Cliff Richardson (?-?)|
|CAN-003||"Jill"||John Lister (2012-?)|
|CAN-003||"Jill"||Ken MacDonald (2012-?)|
Sign in to add an owner