|Designer||Bjarne Aas (NOR)|
|Builder||Bjarne Aas (NOR)|
|Material||Mahogany, carvel planked|
|1st certificate issued||1953-00-00|
|Original boat name||Saga II|
|Original sail number||001|
|Current location||Northern Michigan (USA)|
- Aeolus II is in Michigan, not Mass - 03.06.2009 by Joseph Lambert
- We purchased Aeolus II from Mr. Hemmerling several years ago. She has since undergone a thorough renovation and refinishing and resides in northern Michigan.
- Information - 15.04.2009 by Matti Muoniovaara
- Published news with photo in Yachting June 1953 tells that the boat was built already 1953.
- 5.5 KC-14 "Aeolus II" - 26.03.2009 by Toby Hemmerling
- I bought KC-14 in a very dilapidated state in Missisauga in 1988.
Along with the boat came an original wooden boom and a set of sails all with the Olympic seal and I was told she sailed under a Swedish registration and won gold. Other than the olympic seal I have no evidence to verify this claim.
She was extensively refurbished (including all new rigging and a completely new deck) and sailed as an RCYC boat out of Toronto. After moving to Colorado I kept her in storage for several years and eventually sold her to a new owner in Massachusetts.
- 5.5 KC-14 "Saga II" / Racing in Canada in 1957 - 09.02.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Diane Blake of the RCYC, Toronto, informs: "...5.5 KC-14 "Saga II", won the C.A.B. Brown Memorial trophy in 1957, it is listed as an RCYC boat but no owners name is given..."
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|BER-001||"Saga II"||Sir Eldon & Kenneth Trimingham (1953-1958)|
|CAN-014||"Saga II"||Melwille Gould (?-?)|
|CAN-014||"Aeolus II"||Toby Hemmerling (1988-2003)|
|USA-102||"Aeolus II"||Not disclosed (?-?)|
Sign in to add an owner