|Designer||Sparkman & Stevens (USA)|
|Builders||Wm. H. Barnett, Wm. H. Barnett Pty Ltd (AUS)|
|Material||Mahogany, carvel planked|
|1st certificate issued||1968-00-00|
|Original boat name||Southern Cross III|
|Original sail number||023|
|Current location||Lillesand, Skagerrak (NOR)|
- 5.5 KA-23 - by S&S, listed as - 09.08.2009 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Design #1945 by S&S. She is listed by S&S as "Adios II"; might have sailed under this name for another country. A guess: As MX-2, in Acapulco, 1968?
- Information - 02.09.2008 by Matti Muoniovaara
- Designer is Sparkman & Stephens, builder Barnett, Wm.H. Pty Ltd, McMahon's Point, Sydney 1968.
First owner Norman George Booth.
After a modification (new fin keel etc) raced by Frank Tolhurst 1972 in Geneve Worlds (9th)and at Hankö winning Gold Cup. 1986 Sydney Worlds (14th) and 1987 in Hankö Worlds (16th).
The boat is now in South Norway N-52.
- Not sure about anything... - 30.06.2008 by Site Administrator
- Please help to complete or correct the infos if you have some complementary others. Tks.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
|Sail#||Boat name||Owner name|
|AUS-023||"Southern Cross III"||Norman George Booth (1968-1972)|
|AUS-023||"Southern Cross III"||Frank Tolhurst & Jon Mitchell (1972-1972)|
|AUS-023||"Southern Cross III"||Frank Tolhurst (1986-1988)|
|NOR-052||"Southern Cross"||Andreas Ove Ugland (?-?)|
|NOR-052||"Sho Shana"||Not disclosed (?-?)|
Sign in to add an owner