|Designer||Hendrik & Martin Visser (AUS)|
|Builder||Hendrik & Martin Visser (AUS)|
|1st certificate issued||1964-00-00|
|Original boat name||Teal|
|Original sail number||019|
- "Teal" - ownership - 13.01.2016 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Warren Muir reports:
The last time I saw "Teal" she was owned by Greg Hall. Geoff Lee was the owner of a 48ft ocean racer called Geronimo at the CYCA when I sailed on her.
- Sailing aboard "Teal" - in 1970 - 13.01.2016 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Bob Bruce, owner of 5.5 USA 10, reports on his time in Sydney, hoping to get further reconfirmation, that the "Teal" he was sailing on back then, is this one. Here is his report:
Forty-five years ago, I spent extended time in Australia. I crewed on a boat named "Teal" in 1970, don’t remember if it was 5.5 but about that size. I have no way to verify if this is the same boat, but pleased to offer the following if there is some means to determine this. The photo doesn’t tell much about the boat, other than it was active in 1970.
Owned by Geoff and Chris Lee, he was an electrical contractor as I recall.
Berthed at Cruising Yacht Club of Australia in Rushcutters Bay, Sydney.
This photo is from March 1, 1970, a ladies day day race with Chris as skipper in Sydney harbor, or should I say harbour.
Who can add more to the history of the boat?
- 5.5 KA-19 - 06.03.2010 by Kaspar Stubenrauch
- Warren Muir reports: KA-19, "Teal". Designed and built by Hendrik and Martin Visser, owned by Frank Bird, skippered by Martin Visser.
Sign in to add a note | RSS feed
Sign in to add an owner